The Secret To Spiritual Power
Never ever forget who you are and to whom you belong. You are a child of the King. A joint heir with Christ. Psalm 3:3- “And Thou, O Jehovah, [art] a shield for me, My honor, and lifter up of my head.”
Psalm 141:1- “A Psalm, by David. O Jehovah, I have called Thee, haste to me, Give ear [to] my voice when I call to Thee.”
James 4:2- ye desire, and ye have not; ye murder, and are zealous, and are not able to attain; ye fight and war, and ye have not, because of your not asking; “Ye have not because ye ask not.” Pray to fellowship. Prayer is your relationship with God. Prayerlessness is the cause for all powerlessness.
1Sam.12:23- “I, also, far be it from me to sin against Jehovah, by ceasing to pray for you, and I have directed you in the good and upright way”; This is the problem every Christian faces. Prayerlessness. Prayerlessness equals powerlessness. Prayer is what damages the enemy’s kingdom. Prayerlessness is hiding from God. Just like Adam. Gen. 3:10- “And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I [was] naked; and I hid myself. The whole problem is this. The lack of self-denial is the cause for all prayerlessness. “If you will seek me as hard now as when you had nothing, you’ll never lose anything.”
When God’s presence is there, prayer will be there. Self must be crucified. We must be delivered from ourselves. You can never trust the flesh. Never give the flesh an opportunity to have its way. Self is the greatest vessel the enemy can use in your life. Psalm 50:15- “And call Me in a day of adversity, I deliver thee, and thou honourest Me.”
We must constantly be made aware of our nothingness. How truly there is nothing in this flesh of ours. When we become little in ourselves, we will become Big in God. When the flesh is dead, the Holy Ghost will show up.
8 Results of true prayer
1) It will reveal you. How weak and sinful you really arePs.31:17-O Jehovah, let me not be ashamed, For I have called Thee, let the wicked be ashamed, Let them become silent to Sheol.
2) Power to cleanse the heart from sin. Ps.19:12-13- Who can understand [his] errors? cleanse thou me from secret [faults]. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins]; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
3) Power to hold you up so you don’t slip again. Ps.17:5- Hold up my goings in thy paths, [that] my footsteps slip not.
4) Prayer has power to govern your tongue. Ps.141:3- Set, O Jehovah, a watch for my mouth, Watch Thou over the door of my lips.
5) Revelation and understanding of God’s word. Ps.119:18- Uncover mine eyes, and I behold wonders out of Thy law.
6) Power to give wisdom. James 1:5- and if any of you do lack wisdom, let him ask from God, who is giving to all liberally, and not reproaching, and it shall be given to him;
7) Power to bring the Holy Ghost on you. Acts 2:4- and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, according as the Spirit was giving them to declare.
8) Power to bring salvation to others. Ijohn 5:16- If any one may see his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give to him life to those sinning not unto death; there is sin to death, not concerning it do I speak that he may beseech;
Prayer and bible study go hand in hand. There is no true prayer without true bible study. God speaks through His word, and prayer speaks to God. Prayer makes you a partner with God.
What Prayers will God Hear?
Is.40:31- But those expecting Jehovah pass [to] power, they raise up the pinion as eagles, They run and are not fatigued, they go on and do not faint! Ps. 62:11- Once hath God spoken, twice I heard this, that `strength [is] with God. But ye shall receive power at the coming of the Holy Spirit upon you, and ye shall be witnesses to me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and unto the end of the earth.'
It is only through prayer that you can touch heaven.
Hindrances to Prayer
Those to whom God will not hear. Ps.66:18- Iniquity, if I have seen in my heart, The Lord doth not hear. If sin is present in your heart, God will not hear. Hab. 1:13- Purer of eyes than to behold evil, to look on perverseness Thou art not able, Why dost Thou behold the treacherous? Thou keepest silent when the wicked Doth swallow the more righteous than he, If God will not look on iniquity, then, we should not look on it as a child of God. Jesus said, “be ye holy even as I am holy.”
Prov.28:9- Whoso is turning his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer [is] an abomination. God will not hear the man who will not hear him. Zech.7:11-13- And they refuse to attend, and they give a refractory shoulder, And their ears have made heavy against hearing. And their heart they have made adamant, Against hearing the law, and the words, That Jehovah of Hosts sent by His Spirit, By the hand of the former prophets, And their is great wrath from Jehovah of Hosts. And it cometh to pass, as He called, And they have not hearkened, So do they call, and I do not hearken, Said Jehovah of Hosts. Prov. 1:24-25,28- Because I have called, and ye refuse, I stretched out my hand, and none is attending, And ye slight all my counsel, And my reproof ye have not desired. Then they call me, and I do not answer, they seek me earnestly, and find me not.
Those that will not hear the cry of the poor. Prov.21:13- Whoso is shutting his ear from the cry of the poor, He also doth cry, and is not answered. The Lord will not hear those who will not hear the cry of the poor. The Lord helps those who help others.
Asking with wrong motives. James 4:3- “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.” We miss our prayers being answered because we ask in the wrong way.
An unforgiving spirit. Mark 11:25- “And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” Do not expect God to hear your prayer for forgiveness if you will not forgive others.
A wrong treatment of a husband or wife. 1Peter3:7- . “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.” If you do not treat your spouse correctly according to the word of God, don’t expect God to hear you!
©2008 Spiritual Warfare & Development Ministries All Rights Reserved